Sunday, May 29, 2011

My family's symbol

This is first time I write about kamon on Web.So I show you my family's symbol mark.This is called "Maru ni nihon-biki"."Maru" means circle,"nihon-biki" says there are two lines.This design is so simple and easy to memorize.I like it !!



"Kamon" is can be seen Japanese family event,or Japanese historical book.Wedding party,funeral,festival ... we stech "Kamon" on cloth,artifact,nameplate and we identify family groups.

I'll show you sometihng about "Kamon" on this blog from now.Have fun !!

3 comments:

  1. This symbol is on a Kimono that was given to my Grandmother many years ago. I was looking for what it means. The Kimono has great sentimental value to me and I have been trying to learn as much as I can. It is an honor to me to find this is a Kamon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you for reading. I'm glad. It's popular to stech Kamon on kimono.

      Delete
  2. I found this symbol on a sculpture my grandfather brought home from Japan in the 50’s. I was wondering if you had other pieces?

    ReplyDelete